Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend: Days 22 & 23

Weekend (Sunday):

Cody and I caught the bus to visit the Whole Food’s 10 Year Anniversary Festival.  There really wasn’t much going on unless you had children.  I needed to do some shopping and there was a thrift store in the same plaza so we spent some time there.  Afterwards, we caught the bus back to Old Town and Cody tried a meal from the Caribbean Shack.  I talked to the owner about the lack of pepper from my last meal and she confirmed my suspicion.  She advised that most of her customers are not fans of the pepper but she “spiced up” my curry chicken roti on request.  I was pleased!

It began to rain so we headed back to campus.  Later in the evening, we headed to “Retro Night” at a roller skating rink.  Most of the skaters appeared to be regulars.  A lot of persons had their own skates - some even had lights on the bottom of their skates.  It was a nice evening out but I was pretty tired and happy to get in early. 

 Weekend (Sunday):

Today was a pretty slow day.  I headed out on the other side of campus and went to Yum Yum’s for lunch.  They had pretty good sandwiches and I got “fresh” beet juice :D.  I haven’t had that since I’ve been home to Nassau, Bahamas.  Today was also pretty relaxing. I spent the rest of the reading – or trying to.  Carnegie’s book has gotten pretty repetitive and not as interesting.  I am hoping it takes a turn for the better in the upcoming chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment