Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Montana State University- 6/16/2014

The start of another week at MSU! 
I can't believe we are almost half way done!
It cannot be real... 

Monday morning I did a CURE report to find out what Blue Bunny products we are using most and at what location.  I typed up the notes from our meeting with Bob Burrows at the cook-chill operation.  I also tied up some loose ends with some of my other projects. Not a very exciting morning!

At lunch we had a few products to sample!  We were going to compare many different kinds of veggies burgers but the samples went missing, so we ended up just trying two!  We had a black bean burger and a lentil patty.  The black bean burger (pictured below) was really good!

 
 
We also tried two different kinds of gluten free chicken strips, one was chopped and formed (right) and the other one was a whole  muscle (left).  I think everyone agreed that the one on the left was much better, but much more expensive!
 

 
Chef Martin was also trying recipes for the breakfast menu for the food truck!  It was a mix of seasoned potatoes, pico de gallo, beans and over easy eggs.  There was also one with sausage and one with chicken!  They were all sooo good.  He was going for the garbage plate concept.  I can't wait to try the rest of the food that will be sold on the truck. I think they are going to develop an Asian menu next.  Yum!
 
After lunch I worked on making changes to all of our files for the tomato product switch.  There is so much detail involved when an organization as large as this one switches a product!  I will be finishing that up today and starting to make changes in the files for some of the other products we are switching!
 
Happy Tuesday!
 
Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment