Saturday, June 28, 2014

University of Nevada - Reno | Week 4

Week four flew by, I swear it was just the end of week three! I spent another week at the Downunder Cafe. Monday I worked production helping making breakfast sandwiches, pizza, and grill items. I also helped the baker make jello, and accidentally created a new flavor, orange-lime! Woops! Note that orange and green make a delightful brown color, yum! Monday was a busy day with groups at the DC. Every summer groups come to UNR to have conferences and camps, which I am sure is similar to practically every other college university. This week there were two bigger groups eating at the DC amongst others. Nevada Boy's State, and Orientation which kept the staff occupied for the majority of the lunch hour. It was great to experience how they operate during a busier time, which would be similar to the numbers they'd have during the school year.

The rest of the week I spent helping Barbara with billing and other little things in the office. I actually like doing that kind of thing because its methodical once you get the hang of it. I also spent a lot of time working on my project and am happy with how much I am getting done. 

Thursday I went to the Reno Rodeo with some ladies from dining. It was so fun! I was blown away by how cool all the events were at the Rodeo. Being a rodeo newbie it was fun to see everything and learn what they were doing. I have a lot of respect for the riders that participate in the rodeo. 
Reno Rodeo!

Barbara and I rocking our cowboy hats


I am really starting to like it in Nevada, there are so many fun outdoorsy things to do on weekends like hiking. I met up with my friend Rosie (same name!) who lives in Sacramento and went to UW-Madison with me. We hiked the Mt. Rose Summit and then went to Lake Tahoe for lunch and an afternoon at the beach. Lake Tahoe is gorgeous and I cannot wait to go back! 

Mt. Rose Summit Hike



My first official time in CA

The Rosie's 

No comments:

Post a Comment