Tuesday, June 10, 2014

6/9-10/2014 Montana State University

Happy Tuesday!

On Monday, I worked on my tomato project a little bit more and found out we will save $7,800 by switching to the new company!  I was very surprised!  I also continued to work on my part of the dining center remodel.  I never would have imagined how much work it is to remodel a dining center! I am working on planning out the bread bar.  This entails figuring out what bread products and condiments we need, how much of everything we need, whether the product needs to be kept hot, cold or room temperature, what to put the product in, and where it will go on the counter!  Uffda!  It involves so much visualization.  So far I have only determined what condiments we need. I have a meeting scheduled with the sanitarian tomorrow to get the down low on what temperature these products need to be held at.  Then I can move on and start planning out the placement of all of the products.  Until then, I will be starting planning out the deli part of the remodel! 

It is so cool to be able to think that the concepts I am planning out will affect the kitchen staff and the guests of the dining center for so many years!  We are really lucky to be a part of such a rare opportunity! 

This morning we had a procurement meeting with some of the dining center managers and chefs.  We talked about what samples have came in and when we will be testing them.  We have a busy week of sampling next week!  Today I have been working on getting things straightened out for the big tomato product switch, we called the representative of the company and asked about receiving a bill-back and about some of the other products they offer.  I have also been doing some nutrient and cost comparisons on two granola products. 



Last night, Carla, Sam and I went for a walk on the painted hills trail that is right by campus. It was a beautiful night and it is nice to get outside and enjoy the views after work.  We are planning on going to the farmers market tonight! 



Katie Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment