Thursday, June 19, 2014

Montana State University- Week 3

Tuesday: 

We started out our morning with a procurement meeting with the chefs and some managers.  We discussed samples that have been tested and products that we had decided on.  After the meeting I continued to work switching out our old tomato product with the new tomato products on computrition and filemaker.  I did this for most of the morning and sent some emails for some of my other projects.  At lunch chef Martin made some new recipes for the food truck.  He was working on the Asian menu, it was so good!
 This was the layout of all of the food we tried!
 This is an Italian Griller Rope that they are thinking about having at the carving station in their dining center remodel
This is vegetable fried rice and general Tso chicken for the food truck! 

After lunch we came back to the office and threw a surprise birthday party for Rose, one of the ladies that we work with!  We got her a piñata and the bakery made her a cake! It was really fun! 

This was Rose's birthday cake! It was soooo good!
From left to right this is Sam (the culinary intern), the piñata :), Rose, me, Carla (the other food service management intern) and Virginia (a student employee)
 
I finished up the tomato product switch and it was time to go back to the dining center to try pizzas with the new pizza sauce chef Martin is developing!  So much food!  After this we went out for dinner for Rose's birthday!  When we came out after dinner, we had this view!  So sweet.



Wednesday:

In the morning, Carla and I got our payroll stuff worked out.  Then I worked on some of my projects until a meeting at 10. We had a meeting with a broker for Stalk Market.  MSU is looking to get more  sustainable paper products.  They have a pretty cool line of stuff!  For lunch chef Martin was trying some other Asian recipes for the food truck!  He had a few different fried rice recipes and some chicken curry and two different hot sauces. 

After lunch, I have been chipping away at some of my projects.  I am working on figuring out what products we will order from National Food Group, which is a distressed broker.  I didn't know what a distressed broker is until I got here! 

After work I went for a run and then Carla and I did yoga!  I think we ended up doing more laughing than yoga poses though, which is fine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment