Friday, June 20, 2014

Ram's Horn: Day 20

My day started off later than usual this morning as I worked the closing shift at Ram's Horn.  I began my day with Tyler, one of the student managers, discussing scheduling, the hiring process, employee retention among other student/hourly management policies. Somehow Tyler managed to fit a whole lot of information within our brief session.  
 
After lunch, Chris held a quick staff meeting and provided staff updates and encouraging words about the performance of the team - which was well deserved.  I have really enjoyed my time here at Ram's Horn.  I've learned a lot about foodservice and I have also learned even more from the experiences and stories of my coworkers and Ram's Horn employees.  After the meeting I headed over to Palmer to continue working on the reports that I started yesterday afternoon.  I finally got caught up!  It felt good to finish those today.  I was then back on my way to Ram's Horn to review the schedule for the state-classified/full-time staff with Megan.  Before I knew it 6:30pm had rolled around and it was time to close out the cash register.  After that Megan and I began the rounds to ensure that all the stations were cleaned and ready for service in the morning.  
 
After work I went to Jaw's Sushi for dinner with Hailey and Alex.  The sushi was pretty good, I ordered the "Colorado Crunch Roll".  I love that Fort Collins has so many restaurants.  I really should have no reason to dine anywhere twice, but I'm pretty sure I'll be returning to Jaw's Sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment