Sunday, June 8, 2014

Computrition and Weekend: (Day 7, 8 and 9)

Day 7

Happy Friday!


On my way to work.  Not sure if I'm going to get use the mountains.


I returned to Ram's Horn this morning to work with Pete on SnagIt.   It is an awesome version of print screening.  We used this to copy meal information (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for a week from Computrition into an Excel spreadsheet.  

Pete and I also went over the cost of over-production.  The cost of over-producing food in a given week could possibly be enough to cover my baby sister's high school tuition!  Over-producing is a problem many establishments encounter.  That is why it is so important to understand how to control and eliminate over-producing.  The next step that we will be looking at in terms of over-producing is the details and various factors that can affect over-production.  

Ben, Kelly and I also had a review of this week's training.  I would definitely say my first week went pretty well.  The staff members are amazing and are great at breaking down and connecting the concepts. 



A little blurry :(


I got my wheels and at no cost - thanks to Ben, Lori and CSU Residential Dining Services!  Now my trips to RiteAid will be 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes :D. 

Day 8

Chanae, Alex, Hailey (USDA Interns) and I went for "breakfast" at The Waffle House.  It was pretty decent.  I ate pecan waffles and hash browns with veggies and cheese.  My first time having hash browns prepared this way.  After breakfast we went to City Park where we hung out for a bit.


City Park


                                 
While at the park an ice-cream truck came around and the driver and I had a  brief conversation only to find out that he recently visited one of the Islands of the Bahamas.  He was recently in Exuma which is one of my most favorite Bahamian Islands and he is actually planning to move there to live.  I'm surprised that anyone would want to leave Colorado.  But then again, the Bahama Islands are really beautiful also.

I got cotton candy ice-cream :)


My ice-cream was pretty yummy.  One of the squirrels at the park got jealous, I'm pretty sure.  The squirrel literally chased me around the park and was ready to attack me for my ice cream. 



Hailey, Alex, Ashley
Oh, and about that Caribbean Restaurant,  I mixed up the opening times and missed them  :(.  Apparently they are only opened three days out of the week.  This is still on the agenda as a "must do".

Day 9

One of my goals for during this internship is to enhance my public speaking skills.  Today, I began reading Dale Carnegie's "Effective Speaking".  I am hopeful that this book will enhance my skills and along with lots of practice, will help me to become more comfortable at public speaking.

The USDA interns and I had plans to go back to City Park after breakfast but it started to rain so we just headed back to the dorms and hung out for the rest of the day. We played UNO and other card games that I were not too familiar with.

I'm ready to start my second week!

No comments:

Post a Comment