Thursday, June 26, 2014

Durrell: Day 25

Ryan and I started off the morning in the cooler.  I thought I was prepared with my sweatshirt, but it really did not help to keep me warm.  We noticed that a lot of the items that were in the cooler were not actually on the inventory list which meant we would have to write them down to take an account of the items.

Ryan had a meeting to attend so Ben came in to complete the inventory count with me.  It didn't take long before Ben also realized that there we were not finding many of the items on the actual inventory list.  Eventually we pretty much disregarded the list and just wrote down everything by hand as we found it.  As we went through the items in the cooler, we discussed the importance of the First In First Out (FIFO) method.  We came across containers that were opened before the items that went into the cooler first.  Ben also rearranged certain items that were on containers and placed them on the shelves where they should be.

It was around 8:30a.m. when I realized that I needed to take a "freezer break".  Ben must have read my mind!  As soon as we were done with the shelf we were working on, Ben reminded me that he was used to the temperature and that I could step outside whenever I needed to.

Later in the afternoon we had a conference call with my faculty moderator (Professor Bernie) which I think went pretty well.  All of my internship goals are being accomplished or is in the process of getting there.
I was craving ice-cream all day, so after the gym (counterproductive, I guess) I went to Mahalo Yogurt and sampled nearly every flavour.  I finally decided on coconut, it was satisfying :).  I was walking around town for a bit when it started to rain.  I noticed the CSU Plant Environmental Research sign on a corner, I was pretty sure it led back to the CSU campus - at least I was hoping it was a shortcut back.  I decided to head in and walk around.  I've noticed the area from the outside when riding around on my bike but I didn't realize that there was so much more there to see.  

Pond within CSU's Plant Environmental Research Center

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are accomplishing all of your internship goals! Can't wait to pick your brain when you get back

    ReplyDelete