Monday, June 30, 2014

University of North Dakota

Week #6

Just as my teacher beat into my brain menus really do drive everything! I see that more and more the longer I have been here at UND. The summer has been going so fast that we are putting our menu development into high gear so it is ready in August. So this week we had several meetings with the staff to get their input on the menu schedule. I also started putting the menus into Food Pro.

The State Board of Education was in town and there were a lot of events I helped catering with. I quite enjoyed working with their Sous Chef, James, who taught me how to make some amazing gourmet appetizers that I can’t spell or pronounce the names off the top of my head. But they all turned out fantastic and the guests said it tasted good, too!

Just to highlight one of the fun activities Grand Forks has to offer. This weekend was the fair and while it wasn’t the fairs I am used to in the West it was still a lot of fun! There were carnivals, bear shows, booths, 4-H exhibits, concerts, races, and one new thing for me was a mounted shooting contest. It was pretty impressive to see them hitting the targets while running around on their horse. It was a fun way to end the week, though!



No comments:

Post a Comment