Monday, June 2, 2014

University of North Dakota


Week #2
I have a newfound respect for my professors in setting up courses in blackboard. I think we finally worked through all the kinks and the ServSafe course is ready to launch and teach the employees about this week! Our next big endeavor is the remodeling of one of the biggest dining facilities, Wilkerson. Everything has been cleared out and construction begins this next week. Now it is time for the next step, menu development. Putting together the new menu involves blueprints and lots of inputs from the experts who have been working there for years! This is what you can see below.


Aside from all the planning I have also begun to scratch the surface with how FoodPro works. It is kind of a complex system, but actually fun when I got the hang of it! The bakery is also undergoing a lot of changes. We are working on taking all of the trans-fat out of the bakery items. So the baker and executive chef are busy trying to find replacements for the food items we used to use. The recipe and taste testing began this week and I think it was definitely a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment