Monday, June 16, 2014

University of North Dakota

Week #4

It is so crazy to think that I have passed the halfway mark of this amazing journey in North Dakota! This week we officially launched the project I first started on, the ServSafe study course for all of the employees! We held a few short little workshops to teach the staff how to use blackboard so they can get the course finished before the test in July.
 
I was even able to spend a couple days working with the night crew in the bakery! I may not have gotten much sleep those couple of days but it was so much fun seeing all the activity that occurs there when I am normally sleeping. I have never considered myself much of a baker, but I love learning about the art. It takes a lot more practice than one might think to begin with. Below the master baker, Tracy is teaching me the ropes on how to make donuts.
The next step they taught me how to bake, fill, and frost all of the donuts. It was cool to be able to see them go from start to finish.
 
After that I helped to shape dough and put it through the sheeter to make French bread. I also helped to make cookies, muffins, and about any other amazing tasting baked goods you could think of! 
 
I ended the week with a bang by going to the art fest. They transformed the town square and surrounding park into a maze of vendors and really amazing art work!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment