Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Marketing & HACCP: Day 12

As a part of my internship here with CSU I will be planning four special meals which will involve creating the outlines in preparation for the upcoming academic year.  One of the meals will highlight my very own culture (Bahamian/Caribbean)!  I'm pretty excited.  I love who I am, where I am from and my local culture.  I enjoy being given the opportunity to share it with others.

Ben and I met with Christian from the Multimedia Department to discuss planning and preparation for these events.  Christian was really animated and enthusiastic about the projects.  Christian had suggested that I create a mood board to get me started on the projects - which sounded a lot like Pinterest to me.

Those of you who know me well, know that I have to be busy and on the go all the time.  I just cannot be stagnant.  So I was pretty excited when I was approached by Ben and Lori yesterday to take on additional assignments.  Along with helping Lori with administrative reports, I'll also be working with Brittney (Dietitian and Employee Manager) on a food allergy policy project.  I'm pretty excited about this, as food allergies are also a concern at SJU as well - as it is for just about every college dining service.

Only two more days before I would have completed two weeks here at CSU!  CSU is really beginning to feel like home for me.  I still remember how uncomfortable I felt that Sunday night as I ate in the dining hall alone.  I almost find it funny now to think that eating alone was a problem for me.  It is not my preference to eat alone, and I still try to avoid it - simply because I enjoy interacting with people.  Surprisingly I am enjoying the alone time now as I realize that I can catch up on my reading and actually reflect on the events of each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment