Monday, June 23, 2014

Durrell: Day 24

I can`t believe its the start of my fourth week here at CSU!  Well I really don`t want to believe it.  As much as I love being home, I have so much more to do here in Colorado before I leave.

Today was my first day of my rotation at Durrell, one of the dining halls here at CSU.  Today was inventory day, which means that we would be taking an account of every item purchased (for menus).  It actually wasn't too bad because we had two teams.  Anthony handled the cooler, while Ryan and I teamed up in dry storage.  It got a little interesting when we couldn't find certain items that were on the inventory list or when we found items that weren't on the inventory list.  We even got to the point where we were deliberating the difference between tomatoe bits and diced tomatoes.  While we were working I thought I was getting a little tired as I was so sure I heard soca music coming from the kitchen.  After the 5th song I realized that I wasn't just hearing things.  Ryan and I stepped out of storage for a bit to see where it was coming from and it was actually one of the co-workers using one of his playlists!

I got to attend another open forum this afternoon.  Once again, the candidate presented another awesome tasty vegetarian item - curried tempeh meatballs.  I've actually heard a lot about this "protein alternative" but never actually tried to cook with it.  Hopefully - whenever I try this - it comes out as good as today's sample.  The candidate also made a lemon tofu custard which was also new to me. I love this food environment, more new things for me to try :).

After dinner I wasn't ready to go back to my room so I got on my bike and headed to Spring Creek trail.




 Have a great week everyone :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment