Sunday, June 22, 2014

Ram's Horn: Day 21

Today was my last day at Ram's Horn.  I started the morning discussing the financial aspects of running Ram's Horn with Chris.  We also talked about the benefits of working in this industry.  Most of which are really important to me, such as interaction with students and young people. Chris mentioned that some students spend more time interacting with the employees of Ram's Horn than with their professors.  Shortly after we were done it was time for my "end of rotation" evaluation with Ben.  This went pretty well.

Later that afternoon we went to an Open Forum as a part of a selection process for an opening at one of the dining centers.  The candidate presented his menu and I was totally captivated when "jerk tofu" was mentioned.  Although Jerk tofu isn't very popular I have had it before at Harry's.  The candidate's tofu was pretty interesting and it went really nice with the chutney that he made.  His presentation gave me another option that I can now try at home :).

After work, I finally got a swim in the pool.  I haven't swam laps in a long time so I was pretty tired after swimming only a few lengths.  

Shortly after leaving the sauna I met with Cody (one of the interns) and some of his friends to go and watch a band play in town.  On the way there, we passed a candy store that had so many different kinds of sodas.  Some of the unique flavours were lemon meringue pie, peaches 'n cream and just about any fruit flavour that you can think of.  I tried the banana nut and it was pretty good.  We then ran into a friend of Cody's and he greeted me with an humongous hug as if we were life-long friends.  We had a pretty interesting conversation about the project that he and his organization were pursuing - building a village using hemp concrete.

Anyway, we finally made it to Cranknstein's for the show.  We talked for a while as we waited for the band to begin performing.  I loved the band. They had some Jazz elements incorporated into their music. 


The  band's name was "Bill Smith"


Looking forward to the rest of the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment