Thursday, July 17, 2014

Penn State Final Blog: Josh



                  Well, this is it; my final blog for my experience at Penn State. I'm actually sitting in a hotel room in the middle of Illinois as I write this. I've driven for 10 hours and I'm a little over halfway home. I ca't begin to describe how hard it was to leave this morning. Our supervisor, Maria, and all of us interns have grown so close together as a family it's unbelievable. I'm so very thankful for the time I got to spend at the University this summer. I've gained tons of experience, made many connections with people, and had a wonderful time.

           Our final assignment for the internship was to present a luncheon for members of the food service administration. We went with "A Midsummer Breeze" as the theme. We served berries and pretzels in sweetened yogurt as and appetizer. The entree was a Grilled Summer Salad that had blueberries, grilled pineapple, goat cheese, walnuts, and a protein of choice over greens with a homemade balsamic dressing. For dessert the Penn State Bakery made delicious chocolate trifles for us. The luncheon went very smoothly and everyone I talked to said that the food was fantastic. After dessert we were presented wiht our certificates of completion. We also played a slideshow showing a lot of the fun times we had over the last 8 weeks. It was a great way to finish up.

The Grilled Summer Salad with Steak.

Our delicious appetizers.

The fantastic menu that Mary put together for us.
Our beautiful table setting.

      I just want to say, once again, how thankful I am for this experience. I cannot think of a way I would have enjoyed my summer more. The summer of 2014 is one that I will never forget. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment