Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 42 & 43: Weekend

Saturday:
It was so nice to sleep in.  I grabbed lunch from Corbett, had a great workout and picked up a cup of beet juice from Ma's Juicebar.  One of my dorm mates invited me to go to the movies.  I didn't have any plans so I agreed.  However, when I realized what they had planned to watch I was a bit disappointed.  Planet of the Apes has an interesting storyline and message, but I just get disturbed watching people being killed for entertainment.  I understand reality and that it is just a movie, but its just not my thing.





On the way to the movies we stopped for Chipotle.  Since I've been here I've been trying to avoid restaurants that I could find near my town in Minnesota.  I did not miss any of those restaurants.  I did enjoy my meal, but it wasn't Big City Burrito or Fuzzy's. 


At the movies we actually ran into two of the USDA interns who had planned to watch the movie as well, but their showing was 15 minutes earlier.  The movie wasn't surprisingly as horrid as I expected.  Of course there was horror and gore.  But Caesar amazed me once again.  I admire his love for his people and humanity.

After the movie, I wasn't feeling too well and I was ready to sleep.  Ironically, the minute I walked into my dorm Alex had texted me and before I knew it I was back out on the town for a "girl's night out".  We had some interesting conversations and I actually felt much better than I did by the time we got back to our dorm.

Sunday:

After the gym today, Hailey and I headed to Jaw's for sushi.  Although it was great, after making my own for a week I wasn't feeling "oh my goodness this food is wonderful".  I headed back to the dorms and finally begun studying for the GRE!  I have been postponing this since last year.

Looking forward to beginning my week at Corbett!

No comments:

Post a Comment