Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Recipe Testing: Day 30

I started my morning in Palmer once again working on reports.  Afterwards, I headed over to Durrell to meet with Jeremy, the Executive Chef and Lauren, a dietetic intern.  Our project for today was to test a few recipes that would be used for the upcoming school year.

Jeremy first explained to us the various recipes that we would be testing.  We then made a list of all the ingredients we would need and got them out of storage.  We spent most of the day prepping for the recipes.  Every now and then Jeremy chipped in to show Lauren and myself a few kitchen techniques (like how not to chop your fingers off when slicing onions).  The first recipe we tested was Tom Yum Kai.  This was a curry chicken broth based soup.  The first attempt went well but we all agreed that it could have used more curry, fish sauce and lime.  Jeremy proceeded to make those adjustments and also added a bit of coconut milk as well.

We decided that it would be best to resume the testing period tomorrow so we cleaned up for the day.

The rest of my evening was pretty uneventful so I got some more rest. I knew I had to be ready for work by 2am since I would be starting my Bakeshop rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment