Friday, July 25, 2014

University of Oklahoma - Week 8

Monday
Today I met with Rachel for a little bit to go over CBORDbuzz and how other on campus dining facilities uses it.  I also took advantage of  CBORD to help me with my business plan and to get an estimate of how much some of the muffin samples would be.  After that I worked on my evaluation presentation of all the places I visited.  That took up the majority of the day up until a little after lunch.  However, after lunch I had the pleasure in sitting on a managers meeting with Dot where we went over a job description review for food service 3 and 4 workers, the 2014-2015 employee guidelines and the discipline form.

Tuesday
Today we attended a food allergy training session taught by Dot.  Every food service employee has to attend one of these training sessions per year where they will be tested on following the class.  We also had a meeting today with Aaron Lindley in marketing to discuss his job responsibilities and was able to answer our remaining questions for our business plan.  Grace and I also finished our business plan today which is very exciting because it is our last project :) 

Wednesday
Today we just finished up with the last minute touches with our projects.  We finished a Food Service Allergy Assessment Form and our evaluation of the Food Service Department that we are suppose to present to Dot on Thursday.  

Thursday 
 Today we had the pleasure of having lunch with Dave Annis at the University Club.  They just went under renovation and reopened in April.  It is gorgeous and their food is delicious!  I am so happy that Dave took us here for lunch, I've been wanting to try it ever since Frank showed us around.  They were serving a buffet style and I tried everything including there  green chili stew and salmon along with there goat milk ice cream.  I was stuffed!! Dave is really personable and I can tell he really loves his job.  From my experience in the Food Service department at OU, I can tell everybody is passionate about the contributions they make to the university and work really well together, they're like a family that is determined to give the students a worthwhile experience.  Afterwards we presented our evaluation of all the facilities we visited to Dot.  We have officially turned in and finished all our projects.  I can't believe it, time flew by!

Friday
It's our last day!! I can't believe it, time really flew by fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment