Saturday, July 5, 2014

Bakeshop: Day 31

I started off my morning in the bakeshop with Jodi, who was extremely animated at 2am.  We started off the morning by preparing a recipe for focaccia bread for the "bread bench".  We got all of the ingredients together and placed them in the mixer while we worked on other items.  The other tasks were pretty simple and quick. I glazed a few cinnamon and potatoe buns and a pan of dinner rolls.

Cinnamon rolls



 

 
After the dough for the focaccia bread was ready we prepared it for baking.  While we were waiting for it to "proof" (rise) we worked on a few other recipes, once again preparing dough for a different recipe.  There was some bread left over, so I got to try it.  It was amazing! 


Focaccia bread

After we were done I worked with Amy on the "cake finishing bench".  As much as I love baking cakes, I rarely put frosting on them just because I'm not that great at it.  Amy was determined that I would learn how to ice a cake.  It turned out much better than I expected.   All I needed was patience and a bit of confidence.

Thanks Amy!

Later in the afternoon I prepared mud pies with Amy and this was a task.  It was really an easy pie to mess-up because of the jelly nature and the crumbly crust.  With Amy's guidance I was able to make it look presentable. I'd say I did a pretty decent job.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment