Sunday, July 20, 2014

University of Kansas - week 7



This week started off with a 5:30am shift with Sherra the AM supervisor at Mrs. E’s. Sharra explained the importance of good interoffice communication. The supervisors utilize the following form to keep everyone update and posted on important aspects of the day.  Sherra has the task of getting everything running smoothly for the day. 


Tuesday, I shadowed with Mike the BOH closing supervisor at Mrs. E's. We worked throughout the day to keep the unit running smoothly and provide a delicious dinner. We worked through the sanitation check list to ensure the facility was functioning up to standards. 


I found these funny faces on the wall, wonder who the artist is??? Alison 




Wednesday, Alison and I meet with Sheryl Kidwell to review over the residential rotation and discuss KU dining sustainability program. This was a great meeting, Sheryl was very knowledgable and very accepting to my list of questions.   

Thursday, I worked with Travis Fell the Culinary Assistant Manger. We worked on finalizing the new KYou zone menus for the fall semester along with monitoring the quality of the days cuisine. Also, I had the opportunity to join Travis for a monotony breaker recipe development meeting. At this meeting three recipes were prepare and tasted. My favorite was the fruit sushi. :) 


Friday, I worked with Alicia the FOH supervisor. We talk a lot about the importance of schedule and some of the issues that may arise during the summer and fall. Depending on the semester there are a different set of challenges. 

The following posters are in the BOH at Mrs. E's. Each of the managers I worked this week discuss different aspect of S.C.R.I.P.T. and Showtime. I was glad to see that everyone seemed to have the same overall set of goals. This definitely helps to build a strong team. Everyday this week the managers hopped right in and didn't even blink an eye to get done what need to. It's seem like everyday they had a handful of issues or fire to put out. 



 Throughout the week, Alison and I worked on finalizing some details for our special event "OPA!" Products are starting to come in.


 Prizes for the games are ready to go.



Mediterranean nutrition display is ready to go. 


I'm very excited for our special event. Everyone has been extremely helpful and willing to lend a hand. I'll post more pictures next week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment