Friday, July 25, 2014

Penn State, The Final Blog: Brittany

Well you see...NACUFS is quite the association. Let me tell you a bit about this program. My professor sent out an email encouraging my class to sign up because she herself had completed the internship back in the day (or as she loving refers to is as the "dinosaur age"). On a bit of a last minute impulse, I frantically pulled together the extensive application. Several months after, and one long phone interview later, I received what I now know to be a life and career changing phone call: "We would like to offer you a spot at Penn State University." What an opportunity. Now that I am back in Wisconsin, Penn State feels a little bit like a dream. Every Penn State pen that pops up, every time I have to resist the urge to educate a stranger I see on an unsafe practice, every time I see a store that clearly purchased too many bananas...all of these things big or small remind me of how real and important the internship was for me personally and professionally.

I could write a novel about all of the things we accomplished this summer and it would rival the length of War and Peace. So alas, I will keep with the spirit of the blog and let the pictures do the talking.

Myself and Caitlyn meticulously plating the salads.

Our luncheon menu. 


And so it all started with a selfie...and so it shall end with a selfie.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone involved in this stellar organization. Life changing. 
We Are..Penn State National Association of College and University Food Service interns here for the summer to work with the dining services working with management as well as directors in order to cultivate our professionalism and learn about the field and we do cool tours and make awesome apple swans and we make friends like champions and leaving was really hard so we already bought plane tickets back to come visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment