Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 38: Braiden

I started off my morning with Hunter in the dish room at Braiden.  I spent the morning monitoring temperatures for the dish machine and assisting the staff in typical dish room functions.  I've realized that documentation is very important here at Braiden (or CSU dining in general).

Approximately every hour, we would record the temperature of the rinsing and washing water in the dish machine.  Sometimes we would use the manual thermometers and other times we would  use a heat/liquid sensitive sticker.

We had a lot of people working the shift, so it never got really hectic during the morning.  After lunch, I ended up helping Lucy once again with rolling sushi. After we were just about done Abra and I talked about our countries' history - she was born and raised in Hawaii.

Once we were done rolling, I had some down time to work on a few of my projects.  And then at 5:40pm, every single person in the dining hall decided to leave at the same time.  Which meant that the dish room was slightly chaotic.  I went in the back to help out and of course, our awesome team had everything under control within a few minutes.

We took a break for dinner and I finally got to taste some of the sushi that we made!  It was wonderful.  After break, it was back to the dish room to close it out for the evening.  Everyone was in "mad-dash" mode and before we knew it we were out and on our way home.

I had zero desire to do anything after work today.  However, it was still pretty hot again today and I was craving some coconut water and malt.  So, I stopped by an international grocery store and they actually carried malt!  The brand was called Bavaria, its much less thick than Vitamalt which I'm used to from home but it was pretty refreshing.  I just spent the rest of the evening in my room preparing for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment