Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 41: Braiden

I had grits and pear for breakfast, so I started my morning off with a yummy hearty meal!

My last day at Braiden began at 5am this morning by opening up the hall with Elsy.  Once we were done preparing the building for daily operations we began to prepare the items for breakfast.

Shortly after I assisted Clayton with Salads.  Within 5 minutes of running out of pineapples and grapes, the Freshpoint representative arrived with a supply of those items among other items that Braiden had ordered.  Perfect timing - or close enough!

After salads I worked with Kris on garlic breads.  A CSU student from India joined me to assist with dressing and cutting the bread.  Meanwhile we talked about our education.  He advised that his parents both held master's degrees and his father had multiple (3 if my memory serves me right).  I was amazed.  He went on to share that he loves college and I was amazed and understood when he explained his reasons.   We talked about the healthcare and pharmaceuticals.  It was interesting to be informed about Ayurveda, a science which also includes "alternative" healthcare practices.

I headed over to Spoons after work to participate as a mystery shopper as a favour for one the employees.  More focaccia bread!  I think I'm good on focaccia for the rest of the year.

After the gym today, I was too tired to think about doing anything else.  It has been a full week!

No comments:

Post a Comment