Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 39: Palmer

I came to a sad realization today that I have only two and a half weeks left here at CSU.  This is a bitter sweet feeling as I am thoroughly enjoying this experience.  Anyway, I'll save my alligator tears for a later post.

Like every other Wednesday, I came over to Palmer to work on the conference reports.  Additionally, this week we had a few meal cards that didn't work at the meal check (cash register/till).  When this happens, the meal check would just write down the ID number of the customer.  However, in order for the dining hall to receive revenue we have to enter each number into the system  This process took me up until lunch.

Corbett was serving focaccia bread with their soup today!  Every time I see focaccia bread now, even if I'm at Soups and Spoons, it reminds me of Jodi and the awesome team at Bakeshop.  After lunch I returned to Palmer and spent the rest of my day generating ideas for the special events that I am currently planning.

The Bahamas will be celebrating their 41st year of independence on July 10th, and this will be the first time that I won't be home for any of the celebrations.  I was a bit down about this so I went to King Sooper's to pick up a few grocery items so that I can make Bean n' Grits to feel like I was almost home (I didn't have pigeon peas, traditionally, it would be Peas n' Grits).  I also picked up a few avocadoes to have on the side (or pear as we would call it at home).  I'll probably also make some sky juice for the weekend.  Sky juice is coconut water and sweetened condensed milk.

It was so wonderful to have a Bahamian meal before going to sleep for the night!  Happy Independence Bahamas!!



1 comment:

  1. The independence celebrations were fun, we went to Junkanoo and it rained at the tattoo I think. I know you would've stuck around anyway :)

    ReplyDelete