Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 40: Braiden

I was talking to the supervisor about which station I would be working at for the morning when Clayton walked over slightly frantically stating that salads was in need of urgent assistance.  I therefore headed over and started my day off at the salads station prepping grapes, cantaloupes and other fruits for the line.  We always pre-washed the fruits and vegetables in Victory Wash ( visit an article here for more produce wash) which is a an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal rinse which compliments the food safety program here at CSU.

I spent most of my day at Salads.  I then headed over with Nick to watch a weekly cleaning process of the dish machine using lime-a-way.  This would breakdown any items that may have been inaccessible through the daily cleaning and built up over time.  As I poured the product into the dish machine I began to choke as the liquid hit the hot pipes.  Nick advised that I could simply turn the bottle upside down and let it self-drain.  This was the best option - I stuck the bottle in a spot and walked away as I tried to catch my breath.

We checked in on the progress of the process frequently to ensure all was in order.  This cleaning process took approximately one hour.

I also helped Lucy rolled sushi, after which, I headed over to Palmer to check on the progress of the Food Allergy Policy with Brittney.

 I was able to make it to the gym after work today and enjoyed some coconut water, after which I called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment