Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Penn State, The Final Blog: Jessica

I cannot believe that my entire eight-week long internship has officially come to a close. I am back home now in California, and have had time to reflect upon what I have gotten out of this summer as a 2014 NACUFS intern. Getting chosen for this internship a few months ago was a gift in itself: a boost of confidence, and an exciting add to my resume. I never imagined what I was actually able to walk away with after my experience at The Pennsylvania State University.
As a graduating senior this upcoming spring, I was excited about the opportunity to develop myself as a professional. This absolutely was a core value of the internship program. From working on my LinkedIn profile, to creating business cards, to attending leadership workshops, I was able to gain something out of each experience that was set in front of me. Not only was I able to develop myself into the professional that I am today, I was able to work on my confidence and my ability to problem-solve. Not a moment was wasted in my mind.
One of the most exciting things about this internship is that I now have the ability to take my knowledge of foodservice management and apply it to my future. The skills gained during these past eight weeks have absolutely been a turning point in my career. I am overjoyed and so thankful for the experience that NACUFS has presented me, and that I was able to take full advantage of all that the internship had to offer.
If you are a prospective intern, reading this blog as I had to see if this internship is right for you for the summer... I encourage you to take the leap of faith as I did, and apply. You absolutely will not regret it.
Brittany, myself, Josh and Caitlyn holding our internship coordinator, Maria.
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment