Friday, May 30, 2014

Penn State 2014! Blog 2: Week 1

I have always known it to be true that time flies when you are having fun. Now I also know time flies when you are flipping 3,000 pancakes for thousands of hungry volleyball players at the Happy Volley volleyball tournament. For our first weekend, we all jumped into the kitchens and experienced various positions at the expansive Findlay Dinning Commons. We did everything from prepping fruit, grilling chicken, manning the salad bar, to serving guests and by day three even answering questions from new student staff members.
Caitlyn and myself (Brittany) chopping cantaloupe at 5am .  

Josh and Jessica serving with a smile. 

What would a first week starting at an internship be without a #selfie scavenger hunt? Because we are one team with one goal, we took on the challenge of including all four of us in our selfie campus adventure pictures. Some may have been more successful than others. 
The Palmer Museum of Art (posing with the paw)


Old Main


The Berkey Creamery (aka favorite place on campus)


I think I speak for everyone when I say that already, this experience is so much more than I could have hoped for in an internship or even a summer. I don't want Maria to cry so I will keep this short and sweet, I could not have asked for a better supervisor to help us through this process. And these other three people? They are some real cool cats. As in pick out all the cool cats in the world and these three are all standing on the podium for being the coolest of the cool. That's all for now! Interns!




No comments:

Post a Comment