Tuesday, May 27, 2014

University of North Dakota


After burning rubber for nearly 1,100 miles I finally saw the first sign that indicated Grand Forks, North Dakota was only 75 miles away! A shudder of excitement rippled through me, and I knew this was only the beginning of a fantastic life adventure. The University of North Dakota has welcomed me with open arms, and is making it very easy to call this beautiful town home, for the next eight weeks. My first day was filled with a tour of campus and meeting the many people which I will be working with this summer. Now comes the challenge of remembering all the names, and where everything is on campus!




I hit the ground running by starting my very first project! It was time to get “down and dirty” with food safety. The project is setting up a study hall for employees taking the ServSafe exam this summer, so they will be prepared for the test. I was lucky to hone my teaching skills and set up and record lectures for each of the chapters. I don’t think I will ever get used to seeing myself teach as a recording, but it does help me see how I can improve! Now the great challenge for next week is putting it all together for the employees in blackboard!

My only regret here is not having my bike to enjoy all their beautiful biking trails! I have still been able to enjoy them on foot, though. My camera doesn't quite do it justice, but here are some pictures so you can enjoy the trails with me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel, I'm in Colorado and they are a lot of amazing trails here too! I'm trying to get a used bike soon. Maybe you can try that, they're generally pretty cheap. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete